NEW HUDS FOR 2-26-2010
↑ click for ordered pics of all the properties!
1. 820 21st St, Greeley: $45,000. Over/under duplex, built in 1928. Unit 1: 2 bed, 1 bath, 709 sq ft. Unit 2: 2 bed, 1 bath, 737 sq ft (!). I like this funky, yellow stucco duplex near UNC. It's in far better shape than any $45k house has a right to be, especially since it is a legitimate duplex. This one might be worth considering if you have a hankering for raised toilets
2. 1620 41st ST, Evans: $90,000. 4 bed, 2 bath, 1450 sq ft, 1993, INSURED, $100 Down. This tri-level is actually in great shape and other than the green carpet it approaches move-in condition.
3. 2704 Water Front St, Evans: $115,000. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1228 sq ft over full unfinished bsmt, INSURED, $100 Down. No it isn't really on the water. In fact, it over looks a prairie view. Prairie View Drive, that is. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
4. 1815 30th St Rd, Greeley: $47,500. 2 bed, 1 bath, 931 sq ft, insured with $1210 escrow, $100 down. This lil' ranch needs carpet. Bad. The kitchen is pretty beat up, and I don't have much to say about this one other than, well, if you have $47,500 to spend on a house, buy 820 21st ST and give me the other $2500 for making your day. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
5. 1225 10th ST, Greeley: $75,000. 4 bed, 2 bath, 1562 sq ft, 1915, insured with $2915 escrow, $100 down. I really like this old 2 story. It has oodles of charm
6. 1924 Oakwood Dr, Fort Collins: $169,000. 3 bed, 1.5 bath, 1002 sq ft, 1961, insured with $1100 escrow, $100 Down. I don't believe I've ever written this before, but this Fort Collins HUD serves as this week's disappointment. I'll sum it up best by the question my client Adam asked me while in the house today: "Why is this such a good deal?" Basically, I told him the truth: I never said it was. I can say that about 99% of our HUDs, hence this silly blog. But this needs more work than may be worth one's time. Sure it may sell to somebody seeking the $100 down HUD, ANY HUD, in Fort Collins, but more than likely it will sell to an investor in the $150's. Scope the video. As I not-so-eloquently explain in the video, one of my concerns was the condition of the exterior paint. However, the LBP disclosure MCB has posted says there are no records of LBP. Nevertheless, the house needs paint. And siding. And soffits.
7. Relist: 4001 Golden Street, Evans: $57,000. 2 bed, 2 bath, 2152 sq ft, 1913. This funky, surprisingly large and very woody house sits across the street from our recent HUD at 4002 Golden. It is on a HUGE fenced corner lot and has 3 large living rooms. There is also a 3rd non-conforming bedroom in the lower level. It's listings like this that make me glad I finally started shooting video because I'm at a loss in describing this place. Assessed for $81,348. Here's your visual aid:
This is the 2nd relist, but this now comes back $10,000 cheaper with no explanation. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
8. Relist: 31322 4th St, Gill: $84,000. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1432 sq ft, 1997. This one has been around since July 2009 when we first listed it for $120k.
I will throw a disclaimer in here and say I've heard secondhand info about the septic system. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
9. Relist: 2307 Apple Ave, Greeley: $79,000. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1600 sq ft, 1996. This East Greeley bi-level is in need of a bit of love (and an air freshener or two) and the previous sure did like their ceiling fans (there's 3 in the lower family room). On paper it has it all though: 2 car garage, fenced yard, the right # of beds and baths and the right price. Open to all bidders. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
10. Relist: 2907 W 12th St, Greeley: $102,000. 6 bed (!), 2 bath, 1067 sq ft over full mostly finished, 1960. Perhaps you remember our other listing at 2907 W 11th St Rd. No? Well, I make 18 comparisons to it in the video for this property, but just know they are identical structures with the notable difference of a garage on the subject property here. There are also 3 bedrooms on the main floor (the 11th St Rd house has a pseudo-master that was conjured by knocking down a wall, thereby conjoining two bedrooms). The wood floors on the main level are in great shape
Click here for more info or showing.
11. 1226 35th Ave, Greeley: $95,000. 3 bed, 1.5 bath, 2360 sq ft, 1959. This big sprawling ranch has no bathroom, so it's perfect for those looking to have everything on one floor. It is right on 35th Avenue but right across from Bittersweet Park, and whatever that lake is. Bittersweet Park Lake? The kitchen is in great shape but there's a laundry list of repair escrow item. Click the pic for more info on that, or click here for more info or showing.
1. 347 Red Bud Ct, Eaton: $156,600. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1962 sq ft, 2001. Yet another in Eaton Commons, this one is an extremely clean, fully insured tri-level with a three car garage. It sits at the end of a cul-de-sac, has a big pie-slice shaped yard and even has all the remotes for the garage door opener and ceiling fans. If you want a move-in condition property, complete with kitchen appliances, look no further. Click here for more info, pics or a showing. Pics: http://captainfantasy.shutterfly.com/11377 Bids due Tuesday 3-2-2010.
2. 2441 W 9th St, Greeley: $76,000. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1652 over partial finished basement, 1929. Initially listed as a fully FHA-insured sale, this one comes back to us UNINSURED because of lead-based paint remediation costs exceeding $4,000 (this is a new rule, if you don't know). It is a fairly sharp house on the inside with a bit of a funky, old 2-story layout and the exterior has a quaint Dr. Seuss kind of thing happening with that sloped roof, and because it sits on the corner of 9th St and 25th Ave the massive 2-car garage is accessed from the side street.
I liked it before and I still do, but beware of roof issues. While under contract, it appears as if something happened. Click here for more info, pics or a showing. Pics: http://captainfantasy.shutterfly.com/10593 Bids due Tuesday 3-2-2010.
3. 504 N 28th Ave Ct, Greeley: $88,200. 2 bed, 1.5 bath, 1062 sq ft, 2001. This townhouse/half duplex sits just north of C Street and is fully FHA insured, meaning it qualifies for the $100 incentive with NO repair escrow. That doesn't mean it's perfect (it needs carpet and paint as well as a cabinet door) but the repairs are largely cosmetic. Highlights include the attached 2 car garage and a long fenced yard. Click here for more info, pics or a showing. Pics: http://captainfantasy.shutterfly.com/11359 Bids due Tuesday 3-2-2010.
4. 37266 WCR 65, Galeton: $57,750. 3 bed, 2 bath, 1623 over full basement w/ some finish, 2001. First: "Manufactured home connected to a shared well. Appraiser recommends a survey of the septic tank to determine if it is buried deep enough and if it meets lot line requirements. Foundation inspection recommended due to moisture in the basement- may include replacement of gutters and regrading. Plumbing and heating systems are inoperable. Buyer must obtain permit and correct county code violations: shingles coming off roof, deck is unsafe, mold-like substance in basement, and loose electrical receptacles." Need I say more? By the way, the gentleman that supposedly shares the well doesn't much care to share it. He's also given me a bunch of other invaluable info. My advice? Unless you want to pay cash to buy something that needs major work out in the middle of nowhere (and yet be somewhat close to your neighbors), I'd pass. And yes I've been in this one. Click here for more info, pics or a showing.
That's going to do it once again. Drop me a line if you'd like to check any of these out or if you have any questions on HUDs or real estate in general. Most of the HUDs are remarkable deals, and combined with the $100 incentive they are literally the best deals around. As always, you can go to my website http://www.cripscribs.com/hud.html and search the entire state's HUD inventory. Comments, questions and showings please send an email or call me at 970-988-5634. Have a great week! Crip